Friday, April 2, 2010

liberty


Just a take on 2 Cor 3.17 - "... where the Spirit of the Lord (is), there (is) liberty."

Where He by His Spirit is free to work in me - I am free to apprehend Him - I am free to see and know Him. I am free from all the burden of blindness and bondage which has kept me from knowing Him. I have laid aside all that which wearies and weighs me down that I may learn Him - as He is. I am free from all the old ways - be they the ways of the society of this world, of family and friends, of religious obligations. I am no longer a slave - but free to be and to become who and what He desires.

He is also free. Not that He is ever bound - but, when I attempt to put Him in a box - when I insist He conform Himself to my standards and boundaries - He in a sense is not free. Not free as pertains to me and my knowing Him. Not free to be Who He is in me and with me and for me.

Where His Spirit is - I have - and am being - set free to know Him. Where that is happening, He is set free to reveal Himself to me.

Therein lies the "... being transfigured into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord."

No comments: